PennDOT and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission have implemented some vehicle restrictions in preparation of Monday’s inclement weather.
At 12:01 a.m. Monday the agencies will implement restrictions reducing the speed on the following interstates:
- Interstate 81 north of the junction with Interstate 80 to the New York border.
- Interstates 84 and 380 in northeast and north-central Pennsylvania.
- Interstate 476, the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, north of the Pocono/White Haven exit for Interstate 80.
- Interstates 80 in Monroe and Carbon counties.
- Interstate 380 in Monroe County.
The agencies have also announced a ban on all double trailers, empty trailers, non-commercial vehicles pulling trailers, recreational vehicles and motorcycles on those interstates.
PennDOT has also announced road closures on the following roads:
- Interstate 84 East between Exit 17 (Hamlin/Newfoundland) and Exit 20 (Lake Wallenpaupack/Greentown)
For the lastest road closures, click here.