WAYNE COUNTY, Pa. — A sad start to the long holiday weekend after flames tore through a home in Wayne County.
The fire broke out at the place along Spring Hill Road in Sterling Township around 4 Thursday afternoon.
Crews were able to knock down the fire in about a half hour.
Newswatch 16 spoke to the homeowner who says no one was injured, but a cat did die.
The Madisonville Fire Chief says a space heater in the basement is what sparked the fire.
The basement, along with the first floor, took on smoke damage and fire damage in Wayne County.
See news happening? Text our Newstip Hotline.