SCHUYLKILL COUNTY, Pa. — Flames and smoke were seen pouring from a house on Main Street in Hegins Township Saturday morning.
The fire happened just before 10 a.m. Saturday.
Tawnya Bowman, 44, and Daniel Bowman, 4, died in the fire.
An emotional Tianna Merwin of Tremont stared at the house on Main Street in Hegins Township where her Mother and Brother died on Saturday.
"My little brother, every time I would come over, he would be like, 'Sissy, Sissy,' and I'd take him fishing. We'd go have fun, go to the park. The last time I saw my mom, she gave me a hug and kiss and told me she loved me," said Merwin.
Merwin says her grandparents and uncle also live in the home. They made it out safely.
"My nan told me that when she went to open the door to yell for my mom is was that hot she couldn't touch it. She screamed, and nobody answered," said Merwin.
Neighbors who knew the victims of this fatal house fire say that this is heartbreaking for a small town.
"I think I'm in shock, I know there was a small child, and that breaks my heart. I have memories with the house. I lived there, many many years ago," said neighbor Maryellen Klebe.
"Don't take anything for granted, don't take anything for granted, nothing, not anytime with family. If you're not talking, reach out talk to your family because that's really all you have in the end. It's really all you have in the end, and then this happens, and you're like, dang, I wish I was there," said Merwin.
Fire officials said the fire started accidentally on a couch in the living room.