TAMAQUA -- Flames ripped through an apartment building in Schuylkill County.
The building on Washington Street in Tamaqua caught fire just before midnight on Wednesday.
According to the Tamaqua fire chief, Tom Hartz, most of the damage is to the third floor and the attic. Seven people were displaced because of the damage to four apartments.
Justin Huegel, a neighbor to the building, commended firefighters on the job they were doing.
"They got here quick as possible. They've been doing extraordinary work. It's been awesome to see the community come together to make sure everyone was okay," Huegel commented.
There were a few people treated for heat exhaustion but no one was seriously hurt.
"I'm kind of shocked and upset. At least I'm here and everyone got out okay. That's the best part of it," said Kelsey Parrish, who lived inside the building.
Hartz said the fire marshal did not need to be called in, stating that careless smoking was the case of the fire.