WNEP's Ryan's Run 5K/All Abilities Walk 2018 is nearing.
The event takes place Saturday, October 6, 2018, at PenFed Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium at Scranton High School.
New this year at our community event, you'll be able to see the life-changing technology our campaign is hoping to purchase through your generosity. It includes the Indego Exoskeleton.
Also during our preview, one of our campaign's nine corporate, Northeastern Rehabilitation Associates based in Scranton, presented a check to Ryan's Run for $15,000.
From kids to adults, many of the patients who receive therapy at Allied Services work all year long to be able to take part in this event along Providence Road in Scranton.
WNEP's Ryan's Run raises money to help change the lives of kids and adults with disabilities served by Allied Services.
Ryan's Run is spearheaded by Newswatch 16's Ryan Leckey.
On Saturday, October 6, area runners can test their 5K times at the event, meet our Ryan's Run team, and the patients they are running for as part of November's TCS NYC Marathon.
- WHAT: WNEP's Ryan's Run 5K & All Abilities Walk
- WHEN: Saturday, October 6, 2018.
- TIME: Registration is at 8 a.m. 5K starts at 9 a.m. Walk at 10 a.m.
- WHERE: PenFed Field At Veterans Memorial Stadium (Scranton High School)
- COST: $10.00 for the 5K if you register here by Wednesday, Oct. 3. Day of event is $20.00. The All Abilities Walk is free!
- WHY: The money raised goes toward WNEP's Ryan's Run 9 which benefits kids and adults with disabilities at Allied Services.