Breaking News
More () »

WNEP.com | News, Weather & Sports from WNEP-TV — Proud to Serve Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania

Fire damages business, apartment in Carbondale

A man living inside the apartment made it out safely.

CARBONDALE, Pa. — Smoke and flames damaged a building in Carbondale Monday morning.

The alarm on Fallbrook Street came in just after 2 a.m.

There's an insulation business on the first floor and an apartment above.

A man living on the second floor made it out safely. Firefighters said a neighbor put a ladder up to a window so he could get out.

The fire was ruled accidental and started as a result of ashes from a pellet stove on the first floor being disposed of in a garbage can.