It's blueberry season! Jackie Lewandoski visits food blogger Christina Hitchcock to pick blueberries and get a recipe using these summer favorites.
Blueberry Dream Pie
(by Christina Hitchcock)
- 1 pie shell, baked and cooled (try the pie crust recipe in my Perfect Blueberry Pie post)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- In a saucepan, combine 1½ cups blueberries, sugar and tapioca over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove sauce from heat.
- Off the heat, add remaining 2½ cups of blueberries and stir to combine.
- Pour into baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together pudding and milk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Top blueberries with pudding mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.